Thursday, November 1, 2012

REMEMBER

The time that the world was the youth and the youth filled the universe.  I remember when creativity was not something thought up but just something that i did.  I remember the days when I could sit home alone and not have to worry about locking them every time I went out.  I remember strolling down the street in my patagonia purple fleece jacket.  I remember when I could fish without thought and walk without pondering, just enjoying every frame of life as it went by.  I remember catching and watching tadpoles grow and only 8 of the 12 survived.  I remember when survival was a wish in a prayer when i was lost.  I remember understanding the wrongs i did and debating weather to come back.  I remember when "On the house" was still a friendly gesture often to be used.  I remember the man who use to place m&ms on the lid of my cup of hot coco.  i remember the time I thought I could race across the street and waking up 40 feet from where i stood.  I remember the bolt they plunged through my femur and the system of weights to stretch me how they thought i needed to be.  I remember when stress was never even a though.  I remember when they told me I could go back on the slopes.  I remember breaking my leg on the 1st run.  I remember sharing an avocado with my grandpa sitting on a freezer in the back of a restaurant.  I remember when common courtesy was a legit thing, when manners applied, and minds and gutters had no relation.  I remember the time I set my neck on fire.  I remember the 1st hernia, I also remember the 2nd.  I remember the 1st time drugs were in my reach and I said no.  I remember my favorite person,  my great grandpa.  I remember when I was on my way to visit him and on my way he went on his way out of mortal life.  I remember the tears that created the bath of loss in my mind.  I remember the obituary hanging in my room because it is still there. I remember my 1st real conversation with God.  I remember being on my bed side talking for hours.  I remember what I asked and I remember what he said.  I remember the plan of happiness.  His warm arms surrounded me like an electric blanket filling my skin with warmth.  I remember the new type of warmth, when it fills my heart and inside as well,  I will never forget the warmth of my Heavenly Father.  I remember the time he helped when i felt like life was an over rated thing.  I remember the rod of Iron as it pulled me into the correct direction.  I remember the time like the time remembers the day and the day remembers every step that is taken on the sun heated soil of the land. I remember and I will never forget.

6 comments:

  1. this blog post is unreal.
    I read every word and loved every line.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember when creativity was not something thought up but just something I did. #stolen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to print this whole post out in put it in the journal. I'm stealing ALLL of this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I remember when common courtesy was a legit thing, when manners applied, and minds and gutters had no relation."

    I liked this part especially, but I agree with the others. This is an amazing post. I think I'm going to have to nominate you for the hall of fame thingie. Good job!



    And good testimony.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the creativity line.

    I was in the minivan yesterday and I wanted the kids to shut up, so I said look out the window and use your imagination. They went off on a 10 minute discussion of what imagination was (trying to explain it to my 2-year-old daughter).

    "Imagination could be anything. It could be a house flying through the air or a dancing cow. It can be anything you want it to be." -Bo, 6

    ReplyDelete
  6. "I remember my first real conversation with God." This especially stood out to me.

    ReplyDelete