Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Blossom

Breath drawn in through my lungs and I am happy.  Happy because a blossom is blooming in front of me and it is spring.  Happy because the blossom is beautiful and I have been waiting.  Putting in effort and realizing that I could do nothing to bring it up except for wait.  When days stretch and new bulbs are hatching and springing from the earth.
I waited.  
I waited because the others coming up were a distraction.  With a pale of water weeds suffocate the lungs of my happiness and I settle for less.  I lowered life to ground level so that the grit on the dirt was the only texture I could view.
I waited though.
You see when you wait something can happen..   A blossom can bloom.  The blossom is no longer a blossom and the leaves are that of a magnificent orchid.  Through its veins the orchid bleeds.  Bleeds with a beauty and an acceptance of life.  latching onto me the spring brought beauty takes me in and I have been waiting for it to recognize me.

No comments:

Post a Comment